Find a position that suits you and apply today!
Business Development Manager – The Philippines
Ref. No.: BDM/Ph
Position is located in Manila and reports to the Regional Business Development Director.
The role of the Regional Business Development Manager is to lead the region’s business development activities by establishing and managing the various business development and sales activities. In doing so the Business Development Manager will be working closely with the Regional senior management team to establish commercial strategies to grow market share and maximize the region’s financial performance through supporting order intake and by creating new revenue streams. It is the Regional Business Development Manager’s responsibility to implement the action plans related to these strategies with not only the BD dedicated resource but also by close interaction and coordination with the Global BD team and internal business support units (PreSales, Marketing and Commercial Operations).
Business Development Activities:
- Under the guidance of the Regional BD Director, develop BD Action Plans & targets for specific segment or market and deploy for high impact on top line growth
- Lead the Sales Processes with potential clients and closing deals
- Participate in the pre-sales process, building and delivering specific customer solutions
- Prepare and/or lead the preparation of customized proposal of services
- Champion the CRM process as part of having a view of the sales funnel of opportunities, proposals into order intake
- Manage relationship with a network of contacts with potential clients, current clients, investors and donors
- Weekly BD reporting for the region and monthly reporting to the Regional senior management team
- Prepare and disseminate internally updates on market trend, driver and competition landscape
- Execute tasks from the Company Marketing and Sales Strategy
- Participate as Company Representative at International Conferences and Forums
- Input to Company Strategic Goals through helping in formulating company Processes, Policies, Product and Service Road maps
- University Degree (Computer Science, Economics, Management will be an advantage)
- At least 5 years of experience in sales of technical-oriented professional services or software industry
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets and experience in managing a sales team
- Excellent analytical skills to understand the macro parameters and at the same time to pay attention to the details
- Excellent command of each of the phases of the cycle of professional service sales
- Good technical knowledge or ability to quickly grasp key concepts pertaining to the Banking, Microfinance or Telecommunications industries and, more specifically, Payment and Alternative Delivery Channels Solutions
- Skills to present information in a clear and structured way, both in verbal and written form
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Strong result orientation, organized and efficient work ethics
- Must have good knowledge in price negotiation skills
Desired candidate attributes:
- Strong Leadership and drive
- Great sense of initiative & strategic thinking
- Team player
- High sense of accountability
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent networking skills
- Natural ability to build trust
- Known to roll-up sleeves and step-in when necessary
- Proven skills in effectively managing sales team
- Negotiating skills and ability to convince, in closing
- Excellent learning ability
- Excellent command of Office series software
General Requirements for All SG Employees:
- Must have a positive, get-done attitude and willingness to take on and contribute in any cross-functional areas the team needs at any given time
- Must understand and buy into the core values, vision and mission of the company
- Must have a drive for professional development and actively engage in team improvements
- Must speak English fluently and have clear writing skills for communicating with customers and colleagues
Should you be interested in working with us based on the above, then please send your CV in English. References are highly valued.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Software Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Not sure where you fit in? Send us your information by clicking here.