Find a position that suits you and apply today!
Senior Android Applications Developer
Ref. No.: SAAD
The team is developing mobile applications for sales/loan officer representatives, or network of agents, to process payment functions such as: money transfers, account opening, loan application, deposits/ withdrawals, balance enquiry, mobile top-ups or utility bill payments. These products are designed to help the MFI (Microfinance Institutions) organizations implement a truly branchless strategy via the use of Mobile technology.
• Participate in the development of Android-based applications
• Develop front-end and server-side components of the systems parts of mobile development projects
• Participate in all phases of the product development life cycle
• Communicate with clients to ensure effective solutions are provided
• Participate in architectural and framework evaluation
• Identify bugs/potential problems and resolve them in a timely manner
• Maintain and comply with the technical documentation
Qualifications & Requirements:
• University Degree (preferably in Computer science, Information systems, Mathematics, or Telecommunications)
• At least 2 years of experience in Java software development
• At least 1 year experience in Android development
• Strong OOP skills
• Good understanding of client-server architectures
• Previous experience with web technologies: HTTP, JSON, Web Services
• Good understanding of business processes and project plans
• The following will be an advantage:
- Experience in iOS or Windows Mobile
- Exposure to wide range of technologies and frameworks
- Experience with peripheral devices
- Previous experience with payment transaction systems
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases(MSSQL Server/Couchbase)
• Very good communication skills
• Good team player
• Good level of English language knowledge
General Requirements for All SG Employees:
• Must have a positive, get-done attitude and willingness to take on and contribute in any cross-functional areas the team needs at any given time
• Must understand and buy into the core values, vision and mission of the company
• Must have a drive for professional development and actively engage in team improvements
• Must speak English fluently and have clear writing skills for communicating with customers and colleagues
Should you be interested in working with us based on the above, then please send your CV in English. References are highly valued.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Software Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Not sure where you fit in? Send us your information by clicking here.