Find a position that suits you and apply today!
Software Sales/ Business Development Manager – Europe
Ref. No.: BDM/Eu
The role of the Business Development Manager is to lead the region’s business development activities by establishing and managing the various business development and sales activities. Incumbent will be working closely with the Regional senior management team to establish commercial strategies to grow market share and maximize the region’s financial performance through supporting order intake and by creating new revenue streams. It is the Regional Business Development Manager’s responsibility to implement the action plans related to these strategies with not only the Business Development dedicated resource but also by close interaction and coordination with the Global Business Development team and internal business support units (PreSales, Marketing and Commercial Operations).
Business Development Activities
- Promote Software Group products and services in the territory allotted to you.
- Develop sales strategies to build a good sales pipeline in the financial sector in your territory.
- Generate leads, handle enquiries, meet prospects, submit proposals and take deals to fruition in association with your department head.
- Develop and manage a quality partner network in your territory to enable gain market visibility and local presence for Software Group products and services in your territory.
- Prepare and/or lead the preparation of customized proposals and RFPs and ensure comprehensive and timely response, liaising closely with the presales team.
- Agree on targets and work towards their achievement.
- Handle marketing mandates such as advertising, brand building, organizing such as workshops, seminars and ensure participation in major events.
- Prepare and disseminate internal updates on market trends, drivers and competition landscape.
Account Management Activities
- Develop and manage strong relationship with all relevant stakeholders at the customer and if necessary the relevant third parties as well
- Manage the business and commercial side of Change Requests
- Identify opportunities for up selling of all Software Group solutions
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University Degree (Computer Science, Economics, Management will be an advantage)
- At least 5 years of experience in sales of technical-oriented professional services or software industry
- Proven track-record of meeting sales targets and experience in managing a sales team
- Excellent analytical skills to understand the macro parameters and at the same time to pay attention to the details
- Excellent command of each of the phases of the cycle of professional service sales
- Good technical knowledge or ability to quickly grasp key concepts pertaining to the Banking, Microfinance or Telecommunications industries and, more specifically, Payment and Alternative Delivery Channels Solutions
- Skills to present information in a clear and structured way, both in verbal and written form
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Strong result orientation, organized and efficient work ethics
- Must have good knowledge in price negotiation skills
General Requirements for All SG Employees:
- Must have a positive, get-done attitude and willingness to take on and contribute in any cross-functional areas the team needs at any given time
- Must understand and buy into the core values, vision and mission of the company
- Must have a drive for professional development and actively engage in team improvements
- Must speak English fluently and have clear writing skills for communicating with customers and colleagues
Should you be interested in working with us based on the above, then please send your CV in English. References are highly valued.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Software Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Not sure where you fit in? Send us your information by clicking here.