Find a position that suits you and apply today!
Global Software Application Support Engineer, Mexico
Ref. No.: L1/Mx
Software Group is a global technology company that is specialized in delivery channels and integration solutions for the financial sector. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria, it currently serves a worldwide client base from 9 regional offices located in Australia, Bulgaria, Egypt, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mexico, the Philippines, and the USA. The company’s vision is to accelerate financial inclusion by creating cutting edge technology solutions. Some of the Software Group’s customers are organizations such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, 7 out of the top 10 Microfinance networks, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Banco Agromercantil de Guatemala (BAM), Banco Agricola El Salvador, VisaNet Peru, and many others. The company currently employs over 300 professionals around the world that develop solutions aiming to improve the quality of life of millions of people worldwide.
What is all about?
The Global Software Application Support Engineer works with a full suite of solutions for Microfinance, Telecommunications, Banks and other industries, that include Mobile, Web, ATM, POS, and other applications. This position is a great opportunity for technical people who value a diverse set of technologies, a no-headsets and phone experience and are proactive and self-driven. The Global Software Application Support Engineer is expected to be the point of contact for Software Group in front of customer organizations. Software Group BG Support provides technical and functional assistance to SG’s customers globally.
- Provide client support and technical issue investigation/resolution of incidents via Ticketing software, e-mail, for the internally developed products
- Carry out initial investigation and be a point of contact for bug-fixing and new development work for applications on Production
- Deploy, update and maintain development, testing and production environments
- Maintain 3rd party tools part of the solutions like reverse proxies, load balancers, database servers, and monitoring tools
- Add and maintain Knowledgebase articles and Deployment Guides
- Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of both Desktop and Server Windows Operating Systems, installation and troubleshooting
- Strong command of the English language
- Good teamwork, professionalism, and proactivity
- Background in a multi-tasking challenging environment
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs and present them to technical staff in a clear manner
We will also appreciate if you have:
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting software applications
- System and Database administration skills
- SQL Server administration or reporting or other SQL RDBMS
- Experience with hosting and administering websites (Web servers and reverse proxies, DNS, SSL/TLS)
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with Docker technology
- Experience with virtualization
- Advanced knowledge of computer networking
- Basic programming skills
- Outstanding customer care attitude
- Readiness to travel abroad, if needed
By joining us you can:
- Get big and valuable opportunities to navigate and boost your career to the next level in the fin-tech and software industry.
- Design your career in a way that meets your present deep needs and ensure your well-being.
- Benefit from our Recognition program and Employee Referral program.
- Maximize your compensation by our bonus and stock option programs.
- Feel safe with the additional health insurance.
- Enjoy work-life balance and have flexible working time and work from home.
- Travel to extraordinary destinations where our customers are.
- Increase the meaningful moments in your life by working for a company that boosts financial inclusion and improve the quality of life for millions of people.
- Enrich your world with the new friends you will find in the amazing fun-loving environment of our company.
Why Software Group?
- You are looking for an employer that is a trusted and recognized global technology partner.
- You want to take pride in working for a company with Bulgarian origin and worldwide presence.
- You care to make an impact on financial inclusion and help people improve their lives.
- Your professional goals lead you to your next planned career step in a team where everyone benefits from the passion for innovation, technologies, digitalization, continuous improvement, collaboration, and fun.
- You appreciate getting recognized and well-rewarded for your achievements and maximizing them in our team.
If this sounds like you, apply for the role in our Sofia office! All applications will be treated strictly confidential. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Software Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Not sure where you fit in? Send us your information by clicking here.