Find a position that suits you and apply today!
Software Developer, Nairobi
Ref. No.: SD/KE
- Develop and create software application products, based on a pre-existing technical requirement.
- Install, de-install and configure the created by him/her software application products or/and the standard software applications.
- Install, de-install and configure of software, required for the standard work of other software applications.
- Prepare the installation wizard (package) and documentation (installation manual and user manual) for the software products he created and to keep them in actual condition.
- Administer, maintain and update software programs, created by him/her.
- Periodically review the condition of software programs and the accuracy of the database he/she developed and passed for exploitation.
- When required, administer the applied products, used in the company.
- When required, substitute the remaining specialists in their core functions.
- When required, configure and install the operating systems, standard system and software applications as well as antivirus software on the computer system.
- When required, help computer users for the resolution of raised issues during the standard usage of the software application.
- Track and control the condition of the provided computer technology and software products.
- Track the latest news in software development and development languages according the Company policy.
- Maintain the information data library regarding the state of the developed by him software products within the Company
- Know the organization and the governing body in the company’s branches and subsidiaries.
- Know the principles for formation and movement of information flows in the management of the Company.
- Comply with the internal Company policies.
- Perform other duties distributed by the line manager or the Company’s management, regarding his work.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Education: high/higher, specialty computer sciences, computer networks or similar.
- Professional experience: minimum of one year experience on an identical or similar position.
- Knowledge of foreign languages: fluency in English.
- Personal qualities:
- Analytical and creative thinking,
- Teamwork capabilities,
- Communication skills,
General Requirements for All SG Employees:
- Must have a positive, get-done attitude and willingness to take on and contribute in any cross-functional areas the team needs at any given time
- Must understand and buy into the core values, vision and mission of the company
- Must have a drive for professional development and actively engage in team improvements
- Must speak English fluently and have clear writing skills for communicating with customers and colleagues
Should you be interested in working with us based on the above, then please send your CV in English. References are highly valued.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Software Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Not sure where you fit in? Send us your information by clicking here.